Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best General Tso Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to General Tso Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are a number of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to general tso chicken recipe. To cook general tso chicken you only need 28 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook General Tso Chicken:
- You need of Marinade.
- Use 1 of Egg White.
- Provide 2 Tbs of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Dry Sherry.
- Use 2 Tbs of Chinese Cooking Wine.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 3 Tbs of Corn Starch.
- Take 1 tsp of Course ground black pepper.
- Get 8-10 of Boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- You need of Coating.
- Take 1/2 C of Flour.
- Take 1/2 C of Corn Starch.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need of Sauce.
- Use 3 Tbs of Soy Sauce.
- Provide 2 Tbs of Chinese Cooking Wine.
- Get 2 Tbs of Rice Vinegar.
- Use 3 Tbs of Chicken Stock.
- Use 4 Tbs of White Sugar.
- Get 5 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- You need 1 Tbs of Corn Starch.
- Take 2 tsp of Peanut Oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Minced Ginger.
- Use 1 of Minced green onion.
- Use 1 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- Get 6 of Green Onions cut in 1/2 – 1 inch lengths.
Instructions to make General Tso Chicken:
- Cut chicken thighs in to 1 – 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Mix marinade ingredients in to a bowl. Ensure no lumps, then add the chicken pieces. Coat chicken well then set aside..
- Mix dry coating ingredients. Make sure it is well mixed. Set aside..
- Add about 1 inch of peanut oil to pot or stove top crock pot and begin heating oil to approx 350 degrees..
- While oil is heating, add the chicken from the marinade to the dry mix and coat each piece thoroughly..
- When oil is hot, add the chicken one piece at a time gently in to the oil. Fry for 5-6 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned. Remove chicken from the oil in to a paper towel lined dish. Repeat until all of the chicken is cooked..
- Sauce – Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl except for garlic, ginger, and minced green onion and 1/2 sliced green onion..
- Gently fry garlic, ginger, and minced green onion in fry pan with a little bit of peanut oil 2-3 minutes..
- Add mixed sauce ingredients to fry pan and simmer until thickened. As soon as sauce thickens, remove from heat. It is better to remove if from the fry pan and put in to a bowl..
- When the chicken has finished cooking, add in to the fry pan (no heat) that the sauce was cooked in. Pour the sauce over the cooked crispy chicken and mix very well to ensure each piece of chicken is coated. Garnish with the remaining 1/2 of sliced green onion..
- Serve over rice..
If you find this General Tso Chicken recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.