Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Shanghainese pan fried rice cake 上海炒年糕 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shanghainese pan fried rice cake 上海炒年糕 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically alter your eating habits. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will discover that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shanghainese pan fried rice cake 上海炒年糕 recipe. To cook shanghainese pan fried rice cake 上海炒年糕 you only need 9 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shanghainese pan fried rice cake 上海炒年糕:
- Provide 1 pack of rice cakes.
- Use of chinese baby cabbage.
- Prepare 3 of chinese mushrooms.
- Take of Oil.
- Get of Chinese dark & light soya sauce.
- Get 150 g of shredded pork slice.
- Get 1 tsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 of capful of shaohing wine.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
Steps to make Shanghainese pan fried rice cake 上海炒年糕:
- Cut pork into shreds (pick cheap lean cuts with less fat since this only cost $10hkd ~ less than $2usd).
- Add 1 tsp light soya sauce, 1/2 of oil and 3/4 tsp of corn starch & shaohing wine. Mix and put it a side. 15 mins marinating (we dont use salt since will make meat tough and chewy).
- Like before soak 30 mins before cutting.
- Pick 3 average size chinese mushrooms.
- Soak in cold water for 1hr or if in a rush like me use boiled hot water and soak for 15mins until soft. (if have time soak in cold water since if hot water mushroom is less tasty).
- Can drain cabbage n cut shreds (throw ends).
- Please remember to cut out the stems. The soaked mushroom water u can save them for udon soup base (just add little salt and chicken powder 1tsp and 150ml water, boiled together) or for other cooking purposes (max. 3 days in fridge).
- Slice mushroom n set aside to drain (if mushrooms hard soak longer).
- This is the rice cake called 年糕 u can buy them anywhere in chinese markets. Make sure pick ones that doesnt have plastic taste coz some brands suxs!.
- Before cooking it make sure u separate them or gonna stick together like mad..
- Mid heat, 1tsp of oil heat pan for a min and then fry pork until 80% then take it out. (just toss and turn them and dont burn :).
- Same pan without washing throw all veg n mushroom in "high" heat 1/2 tsp salt for 2 to 3 mins and take out (refer to my earlier receipe "pan fry baby cabbage" if needed to learn the techiques).
- Wash pan or if lazy like me just wipe it with a cloth or paper towel.
- Mid high heat add at least 2 spoonful of oil then place rice cake in. (please note they will stick together when pan frying so must keep on turn and toss them around) i prefer non stick pans or its gonna be a nightmare 😖 / or u need to add more oil to normal pans.
- After 1 min add 1 spoonful of dark soya sauce. quickly stir them (some might look burnt but dont worry just make sure all covered in sauce).
- Add all pork and veg into the pan and stir for 2~3 mins. Ideal colour of the dish is a mid light brown colour just add little dark soya sauce if needed. Taste rice cake if it is soft then its Done!.
- This dish i used bak choy last time. Traditional uses cabbage only. Besides these two type of veg i would not prefer others since gonna go weird. Enjoy!.
If you find this Shanghainese pan fried rice cake 上海炒年糕 recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.