Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best South Indian Muslim (Bai) Biriyani recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South Indian Muslim (Bai) Biriyani recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Goodies.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and less of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A little bit of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
Whole grain meals are an outstanding choice for a fast balanced snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning. When you need a fast snack food on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the modification from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to south indian muslim (bai) biriyani recipe. To cook south indian muslim (bai) biriyani you only need 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make South Indian Muslim (Bai) Biriyani:
- Take 1.5 Kilos of Mutton.
- Take 1.0 Kilos of Basmathi Rice , (Aged and Soaked for hours).
- Get 700 Grams of Tomatoes (ripe).
- Prepare 1000 Grams of Onion chopped (red).
- Prepare 25 Grams of Cardomom.
- Get 25 Grams of Cinnamon.
- You need 25 Grams of Cloves.
- Get 1.5 of Mint Leaves bunchs (Pudhina).
- Prepare 1.5 of Coriander Leaves bunchs (Kothamalli).
- Prepare 2 Cups of Curd cream gelatin , whole non.
- Get 5 Tablespoons of Lime juice.
- You need 1 Gram of orange Food color , . Available at the Indian stores.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Salt.
- Get 20 Tablespoons of Oil.
- Take 5 of Green chillies.
- Provide 10 Tablespoons of Ginger Garlic + Paste.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of Ghee.
Instructions to make South Indian Muslim (Bai) Biriyani:
- Fry Cardamom, clove and cinnamon in heated oil. After a few minutes, add onions and fry them till they become golden yellow. Add some salt to accelerate the process..
- Add mutton and saute till it loses the reddish texture. Add ginger-garlic paste and some salt..
- Add tomatoes, green chillies and let it cook at medium heat till tomatoes start dissolving to become gravy..
- At this point add some curd to help cook the mutton..
- Close the lid until the tomato turns to gravy. Keep stirring as desired..
- Add chilli powder, Coriander leaves, mint leaves and chilli powder and let this boil. Please do not pressure cook. Add more tomatoes as necessary and a bit of water if desired. Add most of the remaining salt. This gravy must be a little more saltier / spicier than usual..
- The mutton must get cooked through the boiling of this gravy where all ingredients dissolve to become gravy. Cook with a lid closed while stirring occasionally..
- Boil water separately and add the rice into it when the water reaches a boiling point. Add 1 Tablespoon of oil to separate the rice before the water boils..
- Wait till the rice is half cooked, or less than half cooked. Strain the water completely and let the rice dry a bit..
- Continue to slow cook the gravy till the oil separates and the gravy is thick. Do not dry out the gravy. Ensure that mutton is more than half cooked and has enough salt. Stop at this point..
- The Dum Process: Put a pan underneath a large vessel (which is used for the final dum or steaming process). Heat the pan with the vessel on top. Mix the gravy and the half cooked rice while ensuring that there is neither too much rice or too much gravy. It should be fairly dry but not white..
- Take care to not to break the rice while mixing it..
- Mix lime juice, salt and and food color. Sprinkle this colored juice on top of mixed food..
- Add ghee and cover this up with a lid while ensuring that no steam escapes from the food. This can be achieved by a clean white towel or a paper napkins at the edge of the vessel and a lid..
- Place the lid and place some weight on top to further trap the heat. Cook rice slowly and mix the rice once, if necessary. Cook for 15-30 mins on low heat. Check to see if the rice is cooked just enough (stop a little early when in doubt)..
- Add remaining onions, chopped chills, a few pieces of tomato, coriander leaves and salt in a separate bowl for the raitha. Mix it with curd and some water..
- Serve steamed biriyani rice with the raitha to taste!.
If you find this South Indian Muslim (Bai) Biriyani recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.