Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Scrumptious steak fajitas recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Scrumptious steak fajitas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Scrumptious steak fajitas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making some modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be good for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you currently eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to scrumptious steak fajitas recipe. You can cook scrumptious steak fajitas using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Scrumptious steak fajitas:
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb. of Flank or skirt steak.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Use 1/2 Tbsp. of Cumin powder.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh lime juice.
- Provide 1/4 Cup of plus 2 TBS. Olive oil.
- Provide 1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- Prepare 3 of Red, yellow or green bell peppers, sliced.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, diced (optional).
- Provide 1 of tomato, diced.
- Provide 1/4 C. of Cilantro, chopped.
- Provide 6 of flour tortillas.
- Use 1 C. of Iceberg lettuce, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon.
- You need of White sauce.
- Get 1 C. of Mayonnaise.
- Take 1 C. of Sour cream.
- Take 3 of green onions, diced.
- Get 1 tsp. of Cumin.
- Take 1 tsp. of Apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp. of Sugar.
- You need 1 of jalapeño, diced (optional).
Instructions to make Scrumptious steak fajitas:
- Combine 2 teaspoons ground cumin, the chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Cut shallow crosshatch cuts into both sides of steak for entire length of steak..
- Rub spice mix all over both sides. Place in a ziploc bag..
- In a small bowl whisk lime zest, lime juice, 1/4 C. olive oil, Worcestershire, and half the garlic. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the marinade and pour the rest into the bag with the steak. Seal and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Massage every now and then to redistribute marinade..
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute 3-4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in bell peppers and saute another 3 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remainder of garlic and cumin and salt to taste. Cook stirring often until peppers are soft and beginning to caramelize. 5-8 minutes..
- Pour in the 2 Tbsp. reserved marinade. Stir in half the cilantro. Salt to taste and remove from heat and keep warm..
- In a smoking hot dry pan blister tortillas on both sides. Place in an oven on very low heat to keep warm..
- Remove steak from ziplock bag and pat dry with paper towels. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cut steak and work in batches if your skillet is not large enough. Cook steak to your liking. 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare..
- Remove to cutting board. Cover with foil and let sit 10 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin strips..
- Tip remaining juices from pan over cut steak, and sprinkle with remaining cilantro..
- Mix all white sauce ingredients together..
- Sprinkle juice of 1/2 lemon over sliced lettuce, add salt..
- Assemble fajitas. Place steak in tortilla and top with tomatoes, onions and peppers, lettuce and jalapeños if desired. Drizzle white sauce over top..
If you find this Scrumptious steak fajitas recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.