Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that many people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, merely making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you probably choose a lot of items out of habit. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan prawn curry (ambot tik) recipe. To cook goan prawn curry (ambot tik) you only need 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik):
- You need 250 gms of Prawns fresh or frozen.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut grated.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk (1st extract).
- You need 8-10 of Kashmiri red chillies.
- Get 1 tbsp of pepper corn.
- Take 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- Take 1 tbsp of Coriander.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide 6-7 cloves of garlic.
- Use 4 tbsp of refined oil. You can also use coconut oil if you prefer.
- Take 1/2 inch of grated ginger.
- Prepare Bunch of curry leaves.
- Prepare of Ball sized tamarind.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- Provide 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Get to taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik):
- Wash and clean the prawns. If using frozen ones, then soak the prawns in water for about 15 mins, to defrost. Then wash them at least once or twice. Keep aside.
- In a blender, add coconut, Kashmiri red chilli, peppercorns, cumin, coriander, turmeric, tamarind, garlic, coconut milk and blend into a smooth paste..
- Add 4 tbsps of oil to a pan, once heated add in the curry leaves. Chopped onions, ginger and sauté over medium heat, until the onions turn translucent..
- Then add in the chopped tomatoes and salt. Sauté until the tomatoes turn mushy..
- Then add the masala paste and fry it, till the raw smell goes off and the oil starts leaving the sides..
- In goes the cleaned prawns. Add a lil water and let it cook on sim, till the prawns are cooked. Prawns takes very little time to cook, max 5 mins. Once they curl inwards, they are cooked..
- Serve with hot steamed rice and you have one soul satisfying meal on your plate..
If you find this Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.