Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Snack foods.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more balanced feeling. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks that can be used when you need a fast pick me up.
When looking for a convenient nutritious snack, don’t forget about yogurt. Eating natural yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. You can’t beat yogurt when it comes to a healthy snack though. It is a protein-rich supply of healthy nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Quick hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an uncomplicated way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy chicken curry south indian style recipe. To make spicy chicken curry south indian style you need 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style:
- Get 1 of chicken , cleaned and cut into pieces.
- You need 2 of potatoes , cubed.
- You need 1 of tomato , sliced.
- Provide 2 of onions , sliced.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of garlic , chopped.
- Use 1 Tablespoon of ginger , chopped.
- You need 2 of green chillies , slit lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 4 of cloves.
- You need 2 pods of cardamom.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of fennel seeds (saunf).
- Provide 2 Tablespoons of coriander seeds whole.
- You need 4 of chillies whole dry red.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of coconut grated / dessicated.
- Prepare handful of curry leaves of.
- Take 2 Teaspoons of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Use 1 Teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Get 1/4 Teaspoon of mustard seeds.
Steps to make Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style:
- Clean the chicken and cut into medium size pieces. wash well, drain and marinate with 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and a bit of salt. set aside..
- Dry roast the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods, bay leaf, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, whole red chilies, desiccated coconut and a few curry leaves. keep mixing it well so that no part of it gets burned. the coconut should have turned an even brown, and the curry leaves should be wilted and dry..
- Transfer the dry roasted spices and coconut to a mixer and grind to a paste using a little water. set aside..
- Heat oil in a kadai / vessel. add the mustard seeds..
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add the curry leaves and toss about for 10 seconds..
- Add the slit green chilies, ginger and garlic. Stir till they turn a slight golden brown..
- Add the sliced onions and the remaining turmeric powder. stir till the onions are translucent..
- Add the tomato, remaining chili powder and coriander powder. stir well (about 2 minutes)..
- Next, reduce the heat to medium and add the masala paste prepared earlier. mix well, about 2 minutes. then add the potatoes and stir well. cook covered for about a minute..
- Increase the heat to high, and add the marinated chicken pieces. stir them around till the pieces are evenly coated with the masala and turn slightly opaque..
- Add enough water to form a gravy, and return to a medium – low flame. cook covered for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- By this time, the fat should have separated from the curry. add salt at this stage, stir and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes..
- Check seasoning and test the potatoes to see if done, and switch off the flame..
- Let the curry rest for about 20 minutes, before serving. serve with rotis or rice..
If you find this Spicy Chicken Curry South Indian Style recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.