Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. When we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. This can be a problem, however, in terms of eating between snacks. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Consider eating almonds if you don’t suffer from nut allergies. Almonds have a multitude of health and fitness benefits and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. Almonds are a natural source of B vitamins together with other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan that may often cause you to be sleepy. But when you eat almonds, you do not feel like you should sleep a while. These nuts loosen up the muscles and provide a general sense of peace. Occasionally eating almonds can also be a mood increaser!
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style spicy chicken curry recipe. You can have kerala style spicy chicken curry using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- Get 2-3 lbs of Free range organic whole chicken – skinless ,cut into medium size pieces.
- Provide of Curry leaves few strands (or handful of leaves).
- You need 2 of medium size purple onions – chopped into fine pieces.
- Use 2 of large tomatoes- cut into fine pieces.
- You need of Extra virgin coconut oil required for cooking.
- You need 3-4 of green chillies chopped vertically.
- You need 1 cup of cilantro leaves – chopped.
- Take 1 1/2-2 cups of coconut milk (another option – take 1 cup of shredded coconut and grind it into fine paste in mixer and use).
- Get 1 tbsp of ginger paste (around 2'' piece).
- Get 1 tbsp of garlic paste (around 4-5 nos).
- Take 2 tsp of vinegar.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Take of For Masala :.
- Provide 5-8 of Dried red chilli (add more or less depending on spice level).
- Get 10 of Black peppercorns.
- Get 3-4 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 3-4 of cardamom pods.
- You need 3-4 of cloves.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Use 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Take 2 of small sticks cinnamon (or 1/2 tsp if using powder).
- Get 2-3 strands of curry leaves.
- Get 4-5 of pearl onions – peeled and chopped into two halves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
Instructions to make Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry:
- In a pan pour 1 tbsp of coconut oil and wait till the oil becomes hot. Next, fry all the items mentioned under masala section till the nice aroma of masala comes. Turn off the heat and wait for the mixture to cool down before you grind it into a thick paste (add some water for grinding). Keep this masala paste aside.
- In a cooking dish add few teaspoons of coconut oil required to fry the chopped onions. Wait till onion changes color. Then add salt as required..
- Next add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies and fry well. Into this add chopped tomato pieces, few curry leaves and sauté well.
- Add vinegar and the previously prepared masala paste and continue to sauté well..
- Add chicken pieces into this. Cover the dish and cook for 5 minutes. Now ,add coconut milk/paste and mix well. Allow this to cook for 2 – 5 minutes or till the chicken is cooked. Add hot water if you need more gravy. Finally add chopped cilantro, curry leaves. Mix everything well and bring it to a boil..
- Turn off the heat and pour 1/2 tsp coconut oil on the top. Serve hot with rice, roti, puttu, dosa, etc ..
If you find this Kerala Style Spicy Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.