Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai massaman chicken curry recipe. You can have thai massaman chicken curry using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Thai Massaman Chicken Curry:
- Provide 250 g of chicken, cut into long strips.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Massaman curry paste.
- Get 1 of onion chopped in big chunks.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- Use 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 2-3 of grated palm sugar (or brown sugar).
- Get 2 tbsp of tamarind.
- Prepare 1 of medium-sized potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Prepare 4-5 tablespoons of unsalted roasted peanuts (can use cashew nut if prefer).
- Prepare 1 of star anise.
- Take 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of big red chilli, finely sliced.
Steps to make Thai Massaman Chicken Curry:
- In a big saucepan, add about 3-4 tbsp coconut milk (use the thick part) and wait until coconut milk start bubbling. Add Massaman curry paste in and mix well. Wait until some beautiful red oil separated from the curry paste..
- Add chicken in and stir for 2-3 min. Then add star anise and cinnamon stick in the curry and mix in well..
- Add onion and potatoes in, mix all well and add the rest of your coconut milk in..
- Seasoning with fishsauce, palm sugar, tamarind. Give it a taste it should be sweet, salty and a little sour and nutty. You can add some more fishsauce, palm sugar or tamarind if you prefer. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts, red chilli and stir well..
- Leave it to cook for about another 25 min or until potatoes cooked. Add a little bit of water if needed too. Perfectly serve with thai jasmine rice..
If you find this Thai Massaman Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.