Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Jollof Rice, Fried Okra & Spiced Tofu recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jollof Rice, Fried Okra & Spiced Tofu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jollof Rice, Fried Okra & Spiced Tofu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can obtain results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most important thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Gradually, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate previously.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jollof rice, fried okra & spiced tofu recipe. To make jollof rice, fried okra & spiced tofu you only need 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Jollof Rice, Fried Okra & Spiced Tofu:
- Prepare 4 cup of rice.
- Get 6 of fresh tomatoes.
- Use 1 of bell pepper.
- Provide 2 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 2 of red chillis.
- Use 1 tbsp of chipotle paste.
- Take 2 cm of ginger.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Take 200 g of okra.
- Use 300 g of firm tofu.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Get 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 5 sprigs of thyme.
- Take 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Provide 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Take to taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Jollof Rice, Fried Okra & Spiced Tofu:
- Chop the onion, pepper, tomatoes, chilli, ginger & garlic.
- Slice okra lengthwise, coat in oil, cornstarch, cumin & paprika.
- Coat the tofu in oil and cumin.
- Blend ingredients, and add the chipotle paste.
- Heat some oil in a pot, and gently fry the paste..
- Add curry powder, nutmeg, and tomato puree. Cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the stock, thyme and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 15/20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat some oil in a skillet and fry the okra.
- Do the same for the tofu.
- Once it's all nicely cooked, serve!.
If you find this Jollof Rice, Fried Okra & Spiced Tofu recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.