Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Fantastic Southern Fried Okra recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fantastic Southern Fried Okra recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can see results without having to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes right away. Even more important than totally modifying your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fantastic southern fried okra recipe. You can cook fantastic southern fried okra using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fantastic Southern Fried Okra:
- Provide of okra.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of cornmeal.
- Prepare of salt.
- Use of Cajun seasoning.
- Take of frying oil.
Instructions to make Fantastic Southern Fried Okra:
- Pour oil in a semi deep skillet or pot. Make sure there is enough oil for the okra to float. You may need more or less oil depending on your pot. Turn on medium low and make sure oil reaches 350° slowly..
- Rinse and chop okra into 1/4 inch rounds..
- Put all dry ingredients in a plastic bag and shake to combine..
- Put okra into plastic bag and shake to coat. Use Okra's natural juices to help the coating stick..
- Let okra sit in the dry mix for about 5-10 minutes..
- Shake the bag of okra again to make sure you are creating a nice coating. Let sit another 5-10 minutes..
- The oil should be hot enough now so take a slotted spoon and scoop the okra out of the bag, shaking excess flour mixture off, and dump in oil..
- Continue step 7 until your pot or skillet is full with okra..
- After around 7 minutes scoop the okra out and place on a plate with a paper towel ( to soak up the oil) or place on a cooling rack..
- Repeat steps 7,8, and 9 until complete..
If you find this Fantastic Southern Fried Okra recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.