Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Treats.
We are all aware that having healthy meals can help us truly feel better in our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more healthy feeling. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is usually a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Certain foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a fast snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be excellent for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan mushroom and chestnut stuffing recipe. To make vegan mushroom and chestnut stuffing you need 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing:
- Get 1 loaf of whole-grain bread.
- Get 175 grams of green or red lentils.
- Take 75 ml of vegan butter.
- You need 3 of medium onions (diced).
- You need 5-6 stalks of celery (diced).
- Use 3 of medium carrots.
- Provide 400 grams of chestnut mushrooms.
- Get 1 package of chestnuts.
- Use 4 1/2 cups of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 of flax egg (see my recipe).
- Take 1.5 tsp of fresh chopped sage (can lightly fry if you have time).
Steps to make Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing:
- Get a decent loaf of bread and cube it the night before and let it dry out. If you are pressed for time spread out the cubes on a baking tray and set your oven to a low temp (around 100 C) and bake for 30 minutes. Turning half way through..
- When you are about to make the stuffing. Start to cook your lentils. It takes about 30 minutes to do so, giving you plenty of time for the rest of the stuffing..
- Preheat your oven to 180C..
- While you lentils cook. Cut and dice your celery and onion first then sauté them until your onions are translucent..
- Chop up your chestnuts while you are sautéing the veg..
- Put your bread cubes in to a large mixing bowl and pour (2/3 of) your wet ingredients over evenly. Add your flax eggs to the mix at this point..
- Then add in your veg and chestnuts. Mix thoroughly. It should be of a consistency where it wants to stick together, but isn’t runny. Use stock as needed to achieve this..
- Grease a baking dish with a vegan spread. I use Flora..
- Transfer everything to baking dish and pat it down with the back of a spoon so it is evenly spread..
- Cover with foil. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes..
- Take the foil off and crank the oven up to 220C, then cook some more for about 10 minutes or more. You want a golden crusty top..
If you find this Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.