Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Find out The Truth About Superfoods.
You have become what you put inside your body. If you consider it, this makes sense. For example, meats including poultry have amino acids that are important as they can help to reconstruct muscle tissue. The same goes for all other foods, so it’s important that you just have a meal correctly. People nowadays are eating more ‘superfoods’ as these foods are shown to boost your wellbeing and offer you lots of vital nutrients. So what is considered being superfood. Well, there are 2 kinds of foods, the good as well as the inferior. Poor foods contain empty calories which will just make you fat if eaten in excess and good foods which have calories designed to provide a lot of energy including antioxidants to help reduce health issues and disease. Superfoods, as you will have guessed, come under first-class fare.
Superfoods also have an added health quality in just how they supercharge your resistance. Garlic is often a recognized superfood that may give your immune system a genuine boost, that will help the body ward off health problems. Your blood cholesterol count may also be lowered through garlic. Garlic might be troublesome when you have problems with your stomach, so bear that in mind. As mentioned above, water is quite vital for your body (after all, the bulk of one’s body is made of water) however now and then it can be difficult to consume high volumes of water, which is why you may want to try drinking Green tea. Rich in antioxidants, green tea is considered a healthy drink as it has polyphenols. In addition, it seems that green tea could have preventative qualities in stopping the growth of tumors.
It now appears to be an excellent time to begin consuming some superfoods to have the healthy positives of all of the minerals, vitamins and other vital nutrients they contain.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe. To make baked bacon and onion roly poly you need 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked bacon and onion roly poly:
- You need 8 oz of bacon or ham, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red or white onion, chopped.
- Take 1/4 pints of gravy.
- You need 8 oz of self raising flour.
- You need 1 pinch of each, salt & pepper.
- Get 4 oz of suet, vegetable or beef.
- Take 1/4 pints of cold water.
- Use 4 oz of mushrooms, sliced (optional).
Instructions to make Baked bacon and onion roly poly:
- Fry bacon/ham in a little oil, do not brown, remove from pan.
- Add onion to pan, fry gently until transparent, if using mushrooms add at this stage, return bacon to pan..
- Add sufficient gravy to moisten, you don't want it too wet, combine and allow to cool..
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Place flour, suet and salt & pepper in a bowl, add enough water to make a firm dough..
- On a floured surface roll into a rectangle approximately 3/8 -1/4 inch thick.
- Spread cooled bacon mixture evenly over pastry leaving a half inch gap all round edge..
- Moisten edges with water, from wide side roll like a swiss roll, ensure edges are sealed, place on a greased baking sheet with the seam at the bottom..
- Cook in centre of oven for 45- 60minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve sliced with potatoes and vegetables of choice and lots of gravy.
- You can spread a thin coat of your favourite barbecue sauce on the pastry before adding the bacon mixture for added flavour..
- You can use this pastry (without the pepper) to make a jam or syrup roly poly, roll out pastry as above, spread with jam, raspberry for preference, or syrup, roll and bake as above, serve with lashings of custard..
If you find this Baked bacon and onion roly poly recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.