Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Dum aloo (baked potatoes) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dum aloo (baked potatoes) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dum aloo (baked potatoes) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Foods: The proper way to Do It.
When you decide to go on a diet one of the very first things that you will learn is that it is important to keep track of what you eat during the day. Keeping your foods journal not only helps you see clearly what you are having, it helps you see what you are not eating. For example, after retaining a food log for a few days, you might see that you are not consuming very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. Having it all written down will help uou determine the aspects of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
But let’s say you’ve been writing every little thing down and still aren’t losing weight? You can monitor your meals the right way or the wrong way. There is far more to food journaling than creating a listing of what you eat during the day. You have to account for a few other very important information. Here are some of the hints that can make it easier to become far more successful at food tracking.
Record your spirits while you eat. This really helps to demonstrate whether or not you decide on food as a reaction to emotional issues. It will even identify the foodstuffs you choose when you are in certain moods. There are many people who look for junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are just as likely to select healthy things when they feel happy and content. Paying attention to what you reach for when you are upset can help you stock similar but more healthy items in your house for when you need a snack—you could also start talking to someone to figure out why you cure moods with food (if that is something that you actually do).
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dum aloo (baked potatoes) recipe. To cook dum aloo (baked potatoes) you only need 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Dum aloo (baked potatoes):
- Take 20 of Baby potatoes.
- You need of For grevy :-.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Use 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 1/8 tsp of asafoetida.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- Take 2 of cardamom.
- Use 1 inch of cinnamon.
- Provide 1 of onion, thinly sliced.
- Provide 1 of large tomato, finely chopped.
- Take 4-5 of garlic.
- Get 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare of For dum aloo.
- Prepare 1 tbls of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin seeds powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 th tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Use 1/4th cup of curd.
- Take 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
Steps to make Dum aloo (baked potatoes):
- Rinse the baby potatoes well. Take 3.5 cups water in a pan or cooker (Do not cover the lid). Add the potatoes.On a medium to high flame boil the water, so that the potatoes are half cooked.Drain them and allow to become warm or cool down at room temperature..
- Peel the potatoes and Apply a little oil on all potatoes..
- Take a baking tray and place all the potatoes over it. Preheat the oven at 180-degrees centigrade for 15 minutes or till they turn golden brown..
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and Asafoetidaand. When they start to crackle, add cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon sauté till they turn fragrant. next add in sliced onions, ginger and garlic and saute till they turn translucent and the raw smell on ginger-garlic disappears..
- Now add chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn soft.Turn of the flame. Once the mixture is cooled, blend to smooth paste without adding water..
- In a same kadai, add 1 tbsp oil along with cumin and asofedieda. add prepared masala paste and fry for 5-6 minutes..
- Now add spices like chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt to taste. dum aloo. continue to fry for 4-5 mins or till oil separates..
- Add curd and give a good mix.add and fry 2-3 mins on the low flame. Add 1 cup of water or as required to adjust the consistency..
- Boil for 15 minutes mins, add baked potatoes and cook for 2-3 mins add garam masala powder and mix well. Turn off the flame. dum aloo is ready..
- Serve with chur chur parantha or laccha paratha..
If you find this Dum aloo (baked potatoes) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.