Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Homemade Flour Tortillas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Flour Tortillas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more healthy feeling. A little bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
Whole grain meals are an outstanding choice for a fast healthy snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain foods is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily available. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade flour tortillas recipe. To cook homemade flour tortillas you only need 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Homemade Flour Tortillas:
- Take 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide 2 tbsps of shortening (optional).
- You need of Luke warm water or milk for kneading.
Instructions to make Homemade Flour Tortillas:
- Mix ingredients together, add the warm water or milk and make a soft dough..
- Knead it well..
- Let it rest covered for about 20 minutes, then divide the dough into 10 equal portions..
- Roll each one out as thin as you can..
- Once all are rolled out, heat a nonstick pan and place the tortillas one at a time, cooking each briefly for a few seconds on medium-high heat then turning it to cook the other side until bubbly and slightly golden..
- Don't overcook them as you need them to be soft and pliable, not crisp or hard..
- Keep the ready ones covered in a hotpot or under a towel to keep them soft..
If you find this Homemade Flour Tortillas recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.