Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Flour Tortillas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Flour Tortillas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Treats.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of well being. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A bit of pizza doesn’t have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast healthy snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run can easily be more healthy with whole grain chips and crackers. Whole grains are generally better than processed grains present in white bread.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade flour tortillas recipe. You can have homemade flour tortillas using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Flour Tortillas:
- Provide of All Purpose Flour.
- Take of Salt.
- You need of Baking powder.
- Prepare of Butter or Lard.
- Prepare of Hot water.
Steps to make Homemade Flour Tortillas:
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- then add the butter and mix by hand or with a pastry cutter until it forms a coarse powder.
- Add the hot water 1 tsp at a time and continue to mix well with your hands until the dough starts to stick together.
- Then turn out the dough onto a lightly floured board and kneed for a few minutes until it forms a a smoother consistency shown here.
- Break the dough into 6 equal pieces and form each first into a ball then squash into a small disc. Let these rest for 30 minutes under a damp cloth.
- Heat up a pan on medium hight without any oil, then roll out your first tortilla with a rolling pin lightly dusted with flour.
- When the pan is hot, throw on your first tortilla..
- After about 30 seconds it should start to bubble as shown here. If not your pan may not be hot enough so check that. (This 30 seconds should be just enough time to roll out the next tortilla so you're ready to keep moving).
- Flip the tortilla over and cook for another 20 – 30 seconds, then put onto a plate covered by a damp cloth and start cooking your next tortilla!.
If you find this Homemade Flour Tortillas recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.