Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caramelized Onion Tartlets with Basil Mascarpone recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caramelized Onion Tartlets with Basil Mascarpone recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
These changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already think that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caramelized onion tartlets with basil mascarpone recipe. You can have caramelized onion tartlets with basil mascarpone using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Caramelized Onion Tartlets with Basil Mascarpone:
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of Butter.
- Use 2 Teaspoons of Olive Oil.
- Provide 1 of Onion Large ( Thinly Sliced).
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Brown Sugar.
- Get 1/4 Cup of Tomato Paste Thick.
- Use 1 of Tomato ( Finely Diced ).
- Provide 2 of Sheets of Shortcrust pastry ( Thawed).
- Take 50 Grams of Cheese Mascarpone.
- Use 1 Tablespoon of Basil Fresh ( chopped ).
Steps to make Caramelized Onion Tartlets with Basil Mascarpone:
- To make the caramelized onions,Heat butter and oil in the non stick pan. Add onion and sugar and cook over low heat. Stir occasionally until tender and caramelized..
- Add tomato paste and cook for further 3 minutes. Stir in diced tomatoes and set aside to cool..
- Meanwhile, use a cookie cutter to cut each pastry sheet into rounds to fit 2 x 12 cup mini muffin pans..
- Place 1 heaped teaspoon of the tomato mixture into each pastry cup and bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for 12 – 15 minutes.Let it cool..
- Combine mascarpone cheese and basil and season with salt and pepper.NOTE : Mascarpone canbe substituted with cream cheese or thick sour cream..
- Top each tartlet with a spoonful of mascarpone cheese..just before serving..
If you find this Caramelized Onion Tartlets with Basil Mascarpone recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.