Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Slow Smothered Pork Chops recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Slow Smothered Pork Chops recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Smothered Pork Chops recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. While you may already consume a lot of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow smothered pork chops recipe. You can cook slow smothered pork chops using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow Smothered Pork Chops:
- Provide 5 of pd large bone in assorted pork chops (deboned).
- Use 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
- Provide 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno.
- Take 2 stalks of celery.
- Take 3 of large carrots.
- You need 2 of pds baby red potatoes.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Get 1 teaspoon of each of garlic and onion powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of coriander.
- Prepare 3 of knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- Get 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Provide 2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Use 1 tbsp of corn starch (optional).
Steps to make Slow Smothered Pork Chops:
- If you are cooking for little ones you may want to debone the pork chops because there are some little and sharp bones in the meat. After deboning, save the bigger bones to cook with the meal for added flavor..
- In small bowl mix cajun seasoning, smoked paprika and some of your salt and pepper. generously rub on each side of pork chops.
- Heat a little bit of oil in Dutch oven or any heavy, large pot. Add meat. Do not over crowd the pot, you may need to brown in batches, mine took two. Get a nice brown sear on each side and in bottom of the pan. Remove and set aside..
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery. saute for a few minutes until they take on the color of the sear and are translucent..
- Add pork chops back to the pot, add remaining seasonings. Add enough water to cover the meat about an inch. Stir all together well, bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low boil for 1 1/2 hours..
- Then add carrots and potatoes, cover and simmer for another 30 to 45 minutes..
- If you want a thicker broth, mix cornstarch with some cold water and add to pot. Let it cook for a few more minutes to thicken..
If you find this Slow Smothered Pork Chops recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.