Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Spicy chickpeas curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spicy chickpeas curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy chickpeas curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy chickpeas curry recipe. To cook spicy chickpeas curry you only need 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy chickpeas curry:
- Use 1/4 of th cup oil.
- Provide 1 of medium onion halved and in slices.
- You need 3-4 of medium tomatoes chopped.
- Provide 1 tsp of Whole coriander seeds.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of red chili powder.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of salt or taste.
- Get 1 tbsp of tamarind pulp (or tamarind water) or according to taste.
- You need 2 cups of boiled small white chickpeas.
- You need of Coriander for garnish.
- You need of garam masala powder for garnish.
- You need of Chat masala powder for garnish.
Steps to make Spicy chickpeas curry:
- Add oil in a pot on medium flame. Add sliced onions and whole coriander seeds. Saute till the onion turns golden brown..
- Add in chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric, red chili powder and garlic ginger paste. Allow the tomatoes, reduce the flame to low and cover the lid to soften up tomatoes for 5 mins..
- Add tamarind water and pulp along with boiled chickpeas. Allow the chickpeas to cook in the gravy for 5 mins..
- Add another cup of water and sprinkle some garam masala powder, chat masala and coriander on top and serve with puri, paratha or naan..
If you find this Spicy chickpeas curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.