Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Gulab Jamun recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gulab Jamun recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Meals: The Right Way to Do It.
When you decide to go on a diet one of the primary things that you will learn is that it is important to keep an eye on what you eat during the day. Keeping a food journal makes it possible to identify the foods you are eating as well as the foods you aren’t eating. One example is that, after monitoring your nutrition for a few days you may realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats and not nearly enough organic nutrients. Writing all of it down can help you see precisely which parts of your diet plan really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
But let’s say you’ve been writing every thing down and still aren’t slimming down? There is a good way and a lazy method to track the food you eat. A food journal isn’t only a list of the items you’ve eaten during the day. Other kinds of important information will need to be written down also. Here are a number of the points you need to do to be more successful at food tracking.
What sort of feelings are you in when you eat? Write it down! This can show you if you use foods to solve emotional issues. It also helps you see plainly which foods you have a tendency to choose if you are in certain moods. There are lots of people who seek junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are quite as likely to pick out healthy things when they feel happy and content. When you pay attention to how you eat in the course of your different moods and emotional states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier choices around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gulab jamun recipe. To cook gulab jamun you need 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Gulab Jamun:
- You need of Syrup:.
- Take 354 g of Water,.
- Get 200 g of Granulated Sugar,.
- Use 4 of Green Cardamon Pods,.
- Prepare Pinch of Saffron,.
- Take 2 TBSP of Rose Water,.
- Use of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Use of Mawa / Khoa:.
- Get 1 TBSP of Ghee,.
- Use 180 g of Whole Milk,.
- You need 128 g of Good Quality Milk Powder,.
- Get of Jamun:.
- You need 78 g of Unbleached All Purpose Flour,.
- Take Pinch of Baking Soda,.
- Provide 2 TBSP of Whole Milk,.
- Take 1 TBSP of Rose Water,.
- Get of Canola / Peanut / Grapeseed / Vegetable Oil, For Frying.
Steps to make Gulab Jamun:
- Prepare the syrup. In a sauce pot over medium heat, add all the ingredients. Stir to dissolve the sugar..
- Bring it up to a simmer. Once the syrup coats the back of a spoon, remove from heat. Transfer into a large shallow bowl. Set aside. You should have a clear yellowish color..
- Prepare the mawa or khoa. Add ghee and milk into a skillet. Stir to combine well. Turn the heat up tp medium..
- Add in the milk powder and stir to combine well. Break up large lumps with the back of a spatula. Keep stirring until it pulls away from the sides of the skillet and comes together into a dough. *You have to keep stirring to prevent any burning.*.
- Remove from heat and transfer into a large bowl. Prepare the jamun dough. *The dough has to be prepared while the mawa or khoa is still warm.*.
- Break the dough into crumbly bits with a fork. Add in flour, baking soda, milk and rose water. Combine together into a dough with your hand. *Do not knead or work the dough.*.
- Set aside for 10 mins. Weigh and divide into 12 equal dough balls. Shape each dough balls tightly into smooth balls making sure no large cracks. In a dutch oven, add about 4 inches of oil..
- Turn the heat up to low. When a wooden chopstick is inserted into the oil, there should be little bubbling. Gently drop in all the jamun..
- Using that wooden chopstick, gently and carefully stir the oil in a circular motion without touching the jamun. *This is a very crucial step, because once you touch the jamun, it will break apart and create a mess.*.
- Keep stirring gently until the jamun float to the surface. Roll the jamun to allow even browning. Once the jamun are dark brown in color, fish them out of the oil with a spider. Drain off excess oil with the spider..
- Immediately add them into the syrup. Make sure the jamun are spaced out from one another, as they will expand even more. Allow the jamun to soak in the syrup for 2 hrs..
- The jamun should expand and become plump. Ladle the syrup onto serving plate. Transfer the jamun onto the syrup. Serve immediately..
If you find this Gulab Jamun recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.