Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Ham and Cheese Strata recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Cheese Strata recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Although you may already consume a great deal of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and cheese strata recipe. To make ham and cheese strata you only need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ham and Cheese Strata:
- Provide 8 slices of regular white bread.
- Use 12 of large eggs.
- Take 3 cups of milk 2% milk.
- Get 2 cups of freshly shredded cheddar cheese to cover bread slices and top of casserole.
- Provide 1/2 lb of deli ham, cut into bite sizes.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt, and ground pepper to taste.
- Use 1/2 cup of chopped green onions.
Instructions to make Ham and Cheese Strata:
- Cut off all bread crusts. Slice and butter BOTH sides of bread and lay into 9×13 baking dish..
- Layer 1 1/2 cups of cheese on bread, saving a 1/2 cup to add on top, 45 minutes into baking..
- Layer in the ham and green onions over the bread and cheese in the pan. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly on top..
- Cover and chill over night..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake covered for about 45 minutes. Remove cover, add cheese to top, and cook for 15 more minutes..
If you find this Ham and Cheese Strata recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.