Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Flour Tortillas/Tortillas de Harina recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Flour Tortillas/Tortillas de Harina recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Flour Tortillas/Tortillas de Harina recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery as you most likely buy lots of items out of habit. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One nutritious option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to flour tortillas/tortillas de harina recipe. To cook flour tortillas/tortillas de harina you only need 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Flour Tortillas/Tortillas de Harina:
- Provide of All Purpose Flour.
- You need of Salt.
- Provide of heaping tsp Lard or Shortening.
- Provide of Hot Water.
- Provide of Baking Powder.
Instructions to make Flour Tortillas/Tortillas de Harina:
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the lard and mix well into the flour.
- Starting the water about a half cup at a time, once added begin to mix by hand.
- Once all water is added begin to work and knead the dough: add water if to dry, add flour if too sticky.
- Work for about 7 min or until not sticky and all dough has come off your hands, let dough rest 10 min..
- Start heating flat griddle or "comal" for cooking tortillas.
- Make "testales" or little balls about the size of a tangerine: make bigger balls for bigger tortillas.
- Roll out flat, about size of a dinner plate and place on heat, flip when u start to see bubbles..
- Once both sides have received heat, gently press on tortillas with rolled up kitchen towel until slightly browned. *careful with steam*.
- Wrap cooked tortillas in kitchen towel…store wrapped in towel in plastic bag..
If you find this Flour Tortillas/Tortillas de Harina recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.