Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you probably purchase a lot of food items out of habit. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to filet mignon with mushrooms sauce recipe. To make filet mignon with mushrooms sauce you need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce:
- Use 4 of beef tenderloin steaks.
- Use 4 of bacon strips.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- Get 1 of vegetable oil.
- Use 1 of tooth sticks.
- You need of the sauce.
- You need 200 grams of mushrooms.
- Take 1/2 medium of onion.
- Use 1 cup of red wine.
- Get 200 grams of cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Steps to make Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce:
- Preheat oven at 350°F if available..
- Get the steaks wrapped around with bacon. Like a ring around. Hold it with the tooth sticks.
- Put a pan ( big enough for the four filets) on high flame. Add some oil and seal the filets for 40 seconds on each side..
- Put salt and pepper on both sides of the filets and put them in an oven tray and into the oven. A secret for tender steaks is not to put salt until the very end or after they are sealed, salt makes meat hard. For meat lovers salt and pepper is just enough! :).
- Meanwhile, on the same pan you just used, put the flame in high again, add some more oil and the chopped onion. Let it fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the wine to make a "déglacé". French for (unsticking the rests of a meal from its cooking recipient with a liquid; water, wine, lime, etc).
- After one minute low the flame a little and add the mushrooms in thick slices or chunks. Let them cook for three minutes..
- Add the cream, low the flame a little more, take the filets from the oven and put them into the sauce. Add also the juices from the meat. Let cook for one more minute and ready!! Serve and enjoy. A good purée is perfect for accompanying this delicious dish!.
- Oops!! Don't forget to take the toothsticks out before you serve them! ;).
If you find this Filet Mignon with mushrooms sauce recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.