Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about What Are The Advantages Of Consuming Superfoods?.
You are what you consume. Quite literally, you are. For instance, amino acids absorbed because of eating meat can be used by your body in repairing muscular tissues. So be cautious with the foodstuff you consume as it can really make a difference. Awareness of how our diet effects our health as well as the nourishment we need has led to more people eating superfoods. So what constitutes being a superfood. We can in fact say that some foods add to our well being and others do not. Antioxidants in nutritional food assists our immune system whereas bad foods have little value and can make you fat. Superfoods, as you’ll have guessed, come under first-class foods.
In the end, your system wants the right nutritional foods to carry on. You need protein to develop and repair cells, carbohydrates to provide the body energy and fats to keep your body running properly. You also need water, which is one of the most vital of the lot. The correct amount of minerals and vitamins can also be significant although not at all times simple to accomplish, in addition to some other types of nutrient. A fatty acid that we currently know more about is Omega-3 and it aids the fight against the destructive type of cholesterol. Omega-3 is within salmon, which is classed as being a superfood because it includes this fatty acid and it’s a good supply of protein. As we enter our later days, the functioning from the mind can suffer and Omega-3 is often beneficial for this. Fish, seeds as well as nuts are all superfood varieties in which you’ll see Omega-3.
It now seems to be a great time to start out ingesting some superfoods to obtain the healthy benefits of all the minerals, vitamins and other necessary nutrients they contain.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon and garlic baked mediterranean chicken recipe. You can cook lemon and garlic baked mediterranean chicken using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken:
- Get 6-8 of chicken drumsticks or thighs (bone in, skin on).
- Get of Kosher salt.
- You need 1.5 teaspoons of dry oregano.
- Provide 1.5 teaspoons of black pepper.
- Use 3/4 teaspoon of coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, cut into wedges.
- Take of Zest and juice of 1 lemon + 1 lemon cut into slices.
- You need 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
Instructions to make Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken:
- Pat chicken dry and season with kosher salt, be sure to season under the skin too. If you have the time, arrange the chicken on a tray or a shallow dish and chill in the fridge uncovered for a few hours or overnight (optional.).
- Place chicken in a large zip bag. In a small bowl, combine spices (oregano, black pepper, coriander, paprika, and cumin.) Add spices to the chicken in the bag..
- Add garlic, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil. Zip the bag shut. Toss chicken around and massage to make sure it is well coated in the marinade. Let chicken marinade for about 30 minutes, or if you have the time, refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag over halfway through..
- When ready, heat oven to 450 degrees F..
- Lightly oil a baking dish and arrange the chicken drumsticks and onion wedges. Pour over the marinade. Arrange lemon slices in between..
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked and its juices run clear (internal temperature of chicken should register 165 degrees F using an instant read thermometer). If you like, broil for just a few minutes until skins are crispy to your liking..
- Serving suggestion – with herbed couscous mixed with peas, chopped carrots and sultanas..
If you find this Lemon and Garlic Baked Mediterranean Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.