Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ground Turkey Enchiladas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ground Turkey Enchiladas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Foods: The Right Way to Do It.
When you begin your diet one of the things you will learn right away is that trying to keep a food journal is very helpful. Keeping your meal journal not only helps you see clearly what you are having, it helps you see what you are not eating. For example, after keeping a food record for a few days, you might see that you are not taking in very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. Having it all written down may help you identify the aspects of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
You should be very specific while you write down the things that you are eating. It just isn’t enough to just jot down “salad” on a list. You need to record all of the ingredients within that salad as well as the type of dressing on it. You also need to include the quantities of the foods you consume. “Cereal” is just not beneficial, although “one cup Shredded Wheat” can be. Remember the more you eat of something the more calories you take in so it is very important that you list quantities so you know exactly how much of everything you’re eating and how many calories you need to burn.
Write down your emotions when you eat. This makes it possible to pinpoint when you use meals to help soothe emotional issues. It will even identify the foods you select when you are in certain moods. There a wide range of people who look for junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are quite as likely to pick out healthy things when they feel happy and content. When you pay attention to how you eat in the course of your different moods and emotional states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier alternatives around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ground turkey enchiladas recipe. You can cook ground turkey enchiladas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ground Turkey Enchiladas:
- Provide 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Provide 1 of Spanish onion (I only needed half since there huge).
- Get 1 of green bell pepper.
- Provide 1 can of refried beans.
- Provide 1 can of black olives, chopped(optional).
- Prepare 2 packages of small flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 can of mild enchilada sauce (big can) or 2 small cans.
- Take 1 can of hot enchilada sauce (big can) or 2 small cans.
- Use 2 packages of shredded cheddar cheese (may not need all).
- Provide 1 of Toppings (optional) sliced olives, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, peppers, salsa, green onions, chopped avocados.
Steps to make Ground Turkey Enchiladas:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Chop onion and bell pepper and olives. Set aside..
- In a skillet on medium heat add ground turkey, onion and bell pepper. Cook until no longer pink. Drain..
- Return meat mixture to pan and add refried beans and a half of the hot enchilada sauce and half of the mild. Add more sauce if the mixture is too thick to get your desired thickness. If you like more heat like I do you can add more of the hot sauce. If you like it more mild use less of the hot sauce and more mild sauce. You can adjust it to your liking..
- Grab one tortilla and take a heaping spoonful of the meat mixture and spread in the middle of the tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top and add olives if using them. Add a drizzle of either mild or hot sauce on top of the meat mixture..
- Roll tortillas and place seam side down in a greased baking dish. Do the same for the rest. When pan is full, pour enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 30 mins. Let cool for 5 mins. Serve and enjoy!.
- This makes a lot of meat mixture. I could only make so many in this pan. If you have any left over just store in an air tight container and freeze for next time. To reheat pour meat into a hot pan on medium heat and start with steps 5-7..
If you find this Ground Turkey Enchiladas recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.