Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Chicken Enchiladas recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Enchiladas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Enchiladas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Food: The Right Way to Do It.
When you begin a diet probably the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food journal in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Keeping your meal log not only helps you see clearly what you are having, it helps you see what you are not eating. One example is that, after monitoring your meals for a few days you could realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats without nearly enough organic nutrients. Having it all written down can help you determine the parts of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
You ought to be very precise while you write down the things that you are eating. It is just not sufficient to list “salad” in your food log. The right way to do it is always to record all of the ingredients in the salad as well as the kind of dressing that is used. You should also write down just how much of the foods you are eating. “Cereal” won’t be sufficient however “one cup Fiber One cereal” is okay. It is vital to remember that the bigger your servings, the more calories you will be eating so you need to know just how much of every thing you actually eat so that you can figure out how many calories you will need to work off.
Record your feelings whenever you eat. This helps you to explain to you whether or not you turn to food as a reaction to emotional issues. It also makes it possible to see clearly which foods you have a tendency to choose if you are in certain moods. There are lots of people who seek out junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are just as likely to pick out healthy things when they feel happy and content. Paying attention to what you reach for when you are upset just might help you stock similar but better items in your house for when you need a snack—you could also start talking to someone to figure out why you cure moods with food (if that is something that you actually do).
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken enchiladas recipe. To make chicken enchiladas you need 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Enchiladas:
- Use 3 large of chicken breasts (or 4 med to small).
- Use 28 oz of Mild Red Enchilada Sauce.
- Prepare 3 cup of Shredded Cheese (or 4 cups, I like the Fiesta Blend, but Cheddar is fine too).
- Prepare 8 of Burrito Style Flour Tortillas.
- Provide of The Rice.
- Take 1 box of Zateran's Spanish Rice.
- Provide 1 can of diced tomatoes (I like the ones with the green chilies).
- Prepare 1 of Water.
- Take 1 of Butter (optional).
Instructions to make Chicken Enchiladas:
- Boil the chicken breasts until cooked (usually 20-30 mins). (Feel free to grill or bake if you prefer.).
- Make the Zateran's rice according to the instructions on the box. Make the rice in a larger pan than what seems necessary (all the other ingredients will be added to this)..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- While the rice is cooking shred the cooked chicken. (Or dice it if you prefer that texture.).
- When rice is done, add shredded (or diced) chicken, half of your cheese, and half of your enchilada sauce. Stir it all together. (This is a good opportunity to add any other ingredients you might enjoy such as, thawed/cooked corn, beans, or cilantro.).
- Grease a 9 x13 pan..
- Using a large serving spoon, spoon the rice mixture into the tortillas. (If the tortillas are stiff you can heat them in the microwave a little to soften them.) As you roll reach tortilla up, place it into the 9×13 pan. (I usually get about 8 tortillas, but they are pretty large.).
- Once the pan is full of tortillas (I do end up using all of the rice mixture for that), pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top of them, evenly..
- Top the pan with the rest of the cheese.
- Cover the pan (aluminium foil works well) and place it in the preheated oven (350°) and bake for 30 mins. (I usually cover the pan with aluminum foil for the first 20 mins, then I take it off for the last 10 mins, I switch my oven to broil for the last 5 mins because I love over cooked cheese, but all that isn't necessary, you can just cover it if you want.).
- Serve warm. I like to top them with sour cream and avocados. Sometimes hot sauce or salsa..
If you find this Chicken Enchiladas recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.