Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about What Are The Advantages Of Consuming Superfoods?.
You are what you eat. Quite plainly, you are. For instance, meats including poultry have amino acids that happen to be significant as they could help to rebuild muscle tissue. The same goes for all other foods, so it’s important that you just have a meal correctly. Nutritional advice tells us that the right food can make us healthy and thus superfoods are becoming a part of many individuals’s diets. So what typifies being superfood. In simple terminology, some food is superior for us and some not so helpful. Antioxidants in nutritional food assists our immune system where bad foods have little value and can make you fat. The nutritional varieties of meals are where you will discover superfoods.
Some other good superfoods to devour are tomatoes as they contain something called Lycopene which is a superb antioxidant. A different superfood is spinach that’s full of iron and also one of the B vitamins referred to as folate. Spinach could help you in your later years because of the lutein in it which could help prevent you from going blind.
It now seems to be an excellent time to begin ingesting some superfoods to obtain the healthy positives of all of the minerals, vitamins and other essential nutrients they contain.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes recipe. To cook mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes you need 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Get of ● For The Meat.
- Use 2-2 of " Thick Cut Top Loin Chops [1 pound a piece].
- Provide of ● For The Brine.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Water.
- Provide 4 Cups of Ice.
- Use 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Take 1/3 Cup of Kosher Salt.
- Provide 6 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [left whole].
- Take 1 tbsp of Whole Pepper Corns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Provide 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Prepare of ● For The Seasonings.
- Provide to taste of Webers Steak & Chop Seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Take to taste of Onion Powder.
- Use to taste of Garlic Powder.
- Use of ● For The Sides.
- Use as needed of Homemade Mashed Potatoes.
- Provide as needed of Homemade Pork Gravy [use pan drippings].
- Use as needed of Fresh Baked French Bread.
- Use as needed of Whipped Honey Or Cream Butter.
Instructions to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Two – 1 pound 2" thick Top Loin chops pictured. Fat trimmed..
- Create your brine. Add everything in the ● Brine Section [except ice] in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar, salt and seasonings are fully dissolved..
- Place brine in a plastic bowl. Allow brine to cool. Add ice to cool completely…
- Add chops in brine with additional ice if needed and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Ideally you'll want your brine at 36°..
- Pull your chops rinse and pat dry. Season as desired. Allow chops to come to room temperature..
- Coat chops with oil and generously season all sides. Especially with fresh ground black pepper..
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat it to a high searing heat..
- Sear your chops on all sides. About 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Try not to flip too early. You want a solid char on your meat..
- Place hot skillet and chops in your 350° oven until chops have reached an internal temperature of 140°. Usually 8 to 10 minutes..
- Do not cut in to meat to check for doneness. You'll only release all its natural juices. Simply use a digital thermometer. Be careful to not overcook. Otherwise you'll have dry chops..
- Once at 140° – pull from oven and allow pork to rest out of skillet for 5 minutes. Serve on personalized cast iron skillets over mashed or, to the side of baked potatoes. Fresh baked French bread and a chilly acidic salad to cut the richness of the pork are also great ideas. I have several chilly, crispy, citrus acid based salad recipes under my profile if you're interested..
- Sliced Top Loin. Any juicy leftovers make for fantastic Sautéed Onion & Mushroom Sliders. Or, BBQ Sandwiches. Both on Brioche Buns..
If you find this Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.