Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Baked Fish Tacos recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Baked Fish Tacos recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Are Superfoods Actually As Good quality As They are Made Out To Be?.
You are what you eat. If you think about it, this makes sense. If you gobble some hen that poultry will be broken down and the amino acids are going to be used to restore cells and create muscle. Ingesting the correct meals is thus imperative. Understanding of how our diet effects our fitness as well as the nutrition we need has led to more folks eating superfoods. Do you know what superfoods in fact are? In straightforward terms, some food is good for us and many not so beneficial. Inferior foods include empty calories that can just make you fat if consumed in excess and high-quality foods which have calories that will provide plenty of energy including antioxidants to help diminish sickness and disease. For instance you can expect, superfoods are looked at as the correct type of food.
Some other high-quality superfoods to devour are tomatoes as they include something referred to as Lycopene which is a wonderful antioxidant. As mentioned, vitamins are important plus a B vitamin called folate is found in spinach. Lutein, a nutrient found in spinach is essential for visual healthiness as we grow older.
So with their nutritional value and antioxidant qualities it is definitely recommended to start out introducing some superfoods into your everyday eating habits.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy baked fish tacos recipe. You can have easy baked fish tacos using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Baked Fish Tacos:
- You need of For the tacos:.
- Take 2 of large flounder fillets (top portion preferably and skinned).
- Use of Blackening or Cajun seasoning of choice… Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic works great and is my favorite.
- Provide of Flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
- Use of Cilantro.
- Provide of Avocado.
- Get of Green onions.
- Prepare of Cheese of Choice: I used Kraft mozzarella.
- Get of Sour Cream.
- Use of salt & pepper.
- You need of For the black beans:.
- You need 1 (20 oz) of can of black beans drained but not rinsed.
- Get 1/2 of red onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno seeded and finely diced.
- Provide 2 of small yellow peppers seeded and diced.
- Use 1 tsp of paprika.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide to taste of salt & pepper.
- Provide of Chicken Broth approx. 1 cup (you can substitute water).
Steps to make Easy Baked Fish Tacos:
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray..
- Prepare your fish by rinsing it and patting it dry. Make sure there are no bones and season both sides liberally with seasoning blend. Place on baking sheet and set aside..
- Dice your tomato and place in a bowl. Add the zest of one lime. Cut lime in half and add the juice of one half to the tomato. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Set this aside to marinade for a bit..
- Place fish in oven. Cooking times vary depending on the size of your filets. Mine took about 20 minutes because they were really thick. The fish is done when it flakes easily in the middle with a fork..
- While the fish cooks. Heat a pot over medium heat. Add your olive oil. Then add the onions, peppers, and garlic. Saute until soft. Next add your cumin paprika and black beans. Stir well to combine. Add just enough liquid (chicken broth or water) to cover the beans. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let simmer on low until fish is done. *note: if you want a little extra kick you can add some chipotle powder..
- When fish is done remove from oven and place on a pan to cool. If you leave it on the hot pan you just cooked on it will continue to cook even though it's out of the oven. Break it into chunks for the tacos..
- Wrap your tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm while you prepare the rest of the garnishes..
- Chop a good bunch of cilantro and stir this in with the tomato and lime. Chop your avocado and squeeze some lime juice over (using the other half of your lime from earlier.) Chop some green onions. Slice the 2nd lime for serving..
- Remove your tortillas. Turn oven off and turn the heat off from beans. Now your ready to build your tacos!.
- I start with the cheese first. Then the fish. Next I pile on the toppings..
If you find this Easy Baked Fish Tacos recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.