Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Very Best Approach to Track Your Food.
When you first start your diet one of many things you will learn right away is that trying to keep a food journal is very helpful. Keeping a food record makes it possible to determine the foods you are eating as well as the foods you aren’t eating. One example is that, after tracking your nutrition for a few days you may realize that you are consuming far too many sugars and unhealthy fats but not nearly enough organic nutrients. Having it all written down can help you determine the parts of your diet that need to change as well as how much exercise you need to get to make sure that you burn enough calories to keep your waistline in check.
Record the time of day time you eat things. This will allow you to find out what times of day you feel the most hungry, when you usually reach for snacks and then you can figure out how to deal with those times. After a short time you’ll observe that while you might be eating lunch at the same time every day, you are still hungry an hour later. You should also be able to observe whether or not you are eating since you’re bored. This is very important simply because, once they are identified, you can find various other ways to fill those moments than with unhealthy foods.
Write down how you feel while you eat. This helps you to demonstrate whether or not you use food as a response to emotional issues. This will also show you whether or not you gravitate in the direction of particular foods based on your mood. There a wide range of people who look for junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are just as likely to choose healthy things when they feel happy and content. Paying attention to what you reach for if you find yourself upset will help you stock similar but better items in your house for when you need a snack—you could also begin talking to someone to figure out why you cure moods with food (if that is something that you actually do).
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe. You can cook shepherd's pie – a baked dish using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shepherd's pie – a baked dish:
- Prepare 1 of medium to big size onion finely chopped.
- Use 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Use 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Provide of Saly.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Chopped Green chillies, as per your taste.
- Use 4 cups of chopped mix vegetables any from the list below.
- Get of french beans.
- Take of carrot.
- Get of peas.
- Use of Sweet corn.
- You need of Khojat/zucchini.
- Take of For potato layer.
- Take 3 of medium to big potatoes.
- Use 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of For white sauce.
- Get 2 tbsp of melted ghee/butter.
- Use 2 tbsp of maida.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Take of For topping.
- Use of Sliced tomatoes.
- You need of Sliced capsicum.
- Prepare of Cheese (do not use a lot like on pizza).
Instructions to make Shepherd's pie – a baked dish:
- Prepare vegetables. Heat oil in a pan. Fry Onion and garlic, till onions are translucent. Add all the vegetables, salt and chilli powder. Combine well, cover and cook on low heat.
- Cook till they are tender (almost Cooked like about 80%, but not fully cooked). Add chopped chillies and remove from heat. Boil potatoes in salty water. Peel, mash, add mayonnaise, combine and keep aside..
- For white sauce, heat ghee, add maida and roast on low heat till maida changes its colour, feels lighter and leaves nice aroma. Add milk at this point while continuously mixing with a whisker to avoid the formation of lumps. Bring it to a boil. When the mixture starts thickening, remove it from heat. Add salt, sugar and black pepper. Mix..
- To assemble, divide the vegetables, the white sauce and the mashed potatoes into 2 portions. Lay in the baking tray, one portion of each – the vegetables, the white sauce, the mashed potatoes and the cheese in the same order. Repeat the same order for the second layer..
- Top it up with tomato slices and capsicum rings. Place the dish on the top most rack and grill at 170c for 7-19 min or till the cheese melts and gets the brown spots.serve hot with tomato ketchup and chilli sauce..
If you find this Shepherd's pie – a baked dish recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.