Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about What Are The Positives Of Eating Superfoods?.
You are becoming what you put within your body. That is so true. If you consume some poultry that poultry will be broken down as well as amino acids are going to be used to repair cells and develop muscle. The same goes for all other foods, so it is important that you simply eat correctly. Individuals these days are ingesting more ‘superfoods’ as these foods are publicized to improve your wellbeing and offer you lots of necessary nutrients. So what is considered as a superfood. In easy terminology, some food is good for us and many not so beneficial. Antioxidants in nutritional food facilitates our immune system whereas bad foods have little value and can make you fat. For instance you might imagine, superfoods are viewed as the correct type of food.
In the end, your body wants the best nutritional foods to carry on. You need protein to create and fix cells, carbohydrates to provide your system energy and fats to keep the body running properly. Of course, to add to all this you can’t live without water. There are additional nutrients, for example vitamins and minerals which you will need but are harder to get into your diet. For example, Omega-3, which is a fatty acid that is essential for the body, because it can keep down the amount of bad cholesterol within the blood. Salmon can be an example of a superfood since it provides protein as well as containing Omega-3. Another benefit of Omega-3 as you get older is the way it includes a positive effect on your brain’s health. You can find Omega-3 in lots of fish, nuts and seeds, a lot of which can be classed as superfoods.
Superfoods are definitely worth eating as they provide you with plenty of nutritional value and health boosting vitamins that you otherwise not consume through your normal diet.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked steaks in mushroom gravy recipe. To cook baked steaks in mushroom gravy you need 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy:
- Get 6 of cubed steaks (or thin beef steaks tenderized with meat hammer).
- Use 1-2 cups of Flour for dusting, or as needed.
- Provide of Vegetable or Canola Oil for frying (have at least 1/2 cup).
- Take 1 pack of fresh mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour for the gravy.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Provide 4-6 cups of water.
Instructions to make Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy:
- Pour out some white or wheat flour in a dish and flour each cubed steak..
- In a large frying pan, add enough oil to fill up to about 1/4 inch (6-7 mm). Heat oil and fry steaks until brown on one side….
- Then flip and brown on the other side..
- Remove steaks from oil (do not discard oil!) and place in an oven-safe dish or crock pot/slow cooker. If you'll be cooking them on the stove top, set aside on a plate for now..
- Drain most of the oil from the frying pan into a separate cup or bowl, but leave enough to saute mushrooms. Saute mushrooms for a few minutes until they are softened..
- Transfer mushrooms from frying pan into the oven dish or crock pot (set aside with steaks if cooking on stove top).
- Pour in enough of the oil left over from cooking so you have about 1/8 inch (3 mm).
- Add 5-6 Tbsp white flour to pan, along with a few sprinkles of salt and pepper..
- Whisk in and cook on medium until it starts to slightly brown..
- Add 4 cups water and bring to a full boil. It should start to thicken a little but it'll still be runny. My mom ended up adding another 1-2 cups after that for a total of 5-6 cups. Let simmer for around 5-10 minutes..
- Pour the gravy into the slow-cooker/crock pot or your oven dish. If using the stove-top, just add the steaks and mushrooms back into the gravy..
- FOR CROCK-POT/SLOW COOKER: Cover with lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours..
- FOR OVEN: Preheat to 350°F/180°C. Cover oven dish with lid (or foil) and bake for about 2 hours (could be a little more or less,so check for tenderness periodically!).
- FOR STOVE TOP: Simmer on low until steaks are tender. Keep an eye on it after an hour or so, to make sure that not too much of the water evaporates and that they don't get tough..
- We cooked it in a slow cooker for about 3 hours, and this is what it looks like! Taste the gravy and add more salt and pepper if needed..
- This dish never goes without serving with mashed potatoes! Pour some mushroom gravy over both the potatoes and the steak, serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Baked Steaks in Mushroom Gravy recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.