Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about What Are The Advantages Of Consuming Superfoods?.
You might be what you eat. This really is so correct. If you eat some chicken that poultry shall be broken down plus the amino acids shall be used to repair cells and build muscle. Consuming the correct meals is therefore imperative. Nutritional advice tells us that the correct food can make us well so superfoods are getting part of many individuals’s diets. So what is considered as a superfood. We can in fact say that a number of foods add to our health and others do not. Antioxidants in nutritional food assists our immune system where harmful foods have little value and can make you fat. Superfoods, as you’ll have guessed, come under good foods.
Tomatoes are one more superfood with antioxidant qualities because of a compound called lycopene. Another superfood is spinach that’s abundant with iron and also one of the B vitamins called folate. Spinach may assist you in your later years due to lutein in it which could help avert you from going blind.
So with their nutritional value and antioxidant qualities it is certainly a good suggestion to start out introducing some superfoods into your day to day eating habits.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to steak skillet over baked potato recipe. You can have steak skillet over baked potato using 12 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Steak Skillet over Baked Potato:
- Provide 1 1/4 lb of thin cut eye of round steak.
- Take 4 medium of russet or red potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Use 2 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Take 1 tbsp of (heaping) minced jarred garlic.
- Use 1 cup of half n half.
- Take 1/2 medium of red onion.
- Use 2 tbsp of chopped chives.
- Get 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Get 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (or more if u want).
- Take 4 of dollops of sour cream.
- Provide 4 tbsp of real bacon bits (or more if u like).
Instructions to make Steak Skillet over Baked Potato:
- preheat oven to 400.
- wash potatoes and fork them all over…
- bake for 40 minutes or until soft all the way through..
- slice steak against the grain into strips. then cut the strips so they are bite sized..
- place bacon grease in a skillet and heat until hot..
- place steak pieces into skillet and toss. heat should be on medium..
- chop onion. and place onion into skillet. toss together..
- place sliced mushrooms into skillet. toss together..
- toss in chives, garlic, salt and pepper, mix well..
- (if u want to add any other veggies do this now.. great veggies to add would be chopped broccoli, green beans, green pepper, fresh baby spinach).
- by now the steak should be cooked through. add the half and half and give a good stir…
- lower heat to medium low so it is simmering, not boiling. and simmer covered for 20 minutes..
- keep an eye on it and stir occasionally, if it starts to dry out add a dash more bacon grease or add a bit of beef broth(I didn't have a problem with this).
- after 20 minutes of simmering the flavors should be well incorporated and ur potatoes should now be done..
- place a baked potato on a plate.
- cut the potato in half.
- cut the halves into 3rds. push together it kinda makes it look like a flower..
- pour 1/4 of your steak skillet on top of potato..
- sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese..
- add a dollop of sour cream..
- and sprinkle with 1/4 of the bacon bits…
- repeat with the rest of the potatoes and steak…
- serve hot!.
- TIP: u can use any type of steak u would like. I used eye of round because its cheap. russet potatoes work best but I prefer red potatoes because I like to eat the skin on red potatoes but not russet potatoes. I made mine this time without the dollop of sour cream and without the bacon bits because I ran out and cash was low. definitly better with them!.
If you find this Steak Skillet over Baked Potato recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.