Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Apples and Custard recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Apples and Custard recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Foods: The Right Way to Do It.
When you decide to go on a diet one of the first things that you will learn is that it is important to keep track of what you eat during the day. Keeping your foods journal not only helps you see clearly what you are eating, it helps you see what you are not eating. For example, after you keep a food record for a few days you could notice that even if you eat lots of fruit, you almost never eat any vegetables. When you write everything down you can see which parts of your diet must change as well as have an easier time figuring out what kind and how long of a workout you need to do to shrink your waist line and burn the most calories.
Be as particular as you can while you write down what you take in. You should do more than just write down “salad” into your food record. The correct way to do it is usually to record all of the ingredients in the salad as well as the kind of dressing that is used. You also need to record just how much of the foods you are eating. “Cereal” just isn’t beneficial, but “one cup Shredded Wheat” can be. It is important to remember that the larger your helpings, the more calories you will be eating so you need to know just how much of every thing you actually eat so that you can figure out how many calories you will need to work off.
What type of mood are you in while you eat? Write it down! This will show you if you use food to solve emotional issues. This will likely show you whether or not you gravitate in the direction of certain foods based on your mood. Lots of us will reach instinctively for processed food when we feel disappointed or angry and we are more likely to select healthy options when we feel happy or content. Paying attention to what you reach for if you find yourself upset will help you stock similar but more healthy items in your house for when you need a snack—you could also begin talking to someone to figure out why you cure moods with food (if that is something that you actually do).
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to baked apples and custard recipe. You can cook baked apples and custard using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Apples and Custard:
- Provide 2 cup of milk.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take 3 tsp of cornstarch.
- Get 4 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flaked/slivered almonds.
- Provide 2 tsp of raisins.
- Get 3 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Use 1/2 cup of marzipan paste, finely chopped.
- Provide 4 of cooking apples, cored, to grease the dish.
- Take 2 tbsp of butter.
Steps to make Baked Apples and Custard:
- Heat the oven to 400°F..
- To make the custard, reserve 3-4 tbsp of milk, bring the remaining milk to a boil with the vanilla extract and remove from the heat..
- Combine the sugar and sugar and corn starch and mix to a smooth paste with the reserved milk. Stir in the egg yolk and combine well..
- Stir the egg mixture into the cooled milk and return to the heat.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly until it thickens and becomes a smooth sauce. Let it cool, stirring occasionly..
- To make the filling, mix half the almonds with the raisins. 1 tbsp of confectioners sugar, the cinnamon and the chopped marzipan..
- Fill the apples with the mixture and place in a buttered, ovenproof dish. Dust with the remaining sugar, dot with butter and bake for 30 – 40 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and arrange on plates. Pour over the custard, scatter with the remaining slivered almonds and serve with confectioners sugar..
If you find this Baked Apples and Custard recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.