Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tracking Your Meals: The proper way to Do It.
When you begin a diet probably the most often heard pieces of advice is to keep a food journal in which you write down every thing you eat during the day. Keeping your meal record not only helps you see clearly what you are consuming, it helps you see what you are not eating. For example, after retaining a food journal for a few days, you might see that you are not taking in very many vegetables but that you are consuming lots of sugar and bad carbohydrates. Writing all of it down can help you see exactly which parts of your diet plan really need to change as well as how much exercise you are going to need to do to make sure that you keep your caloric intake in check.
But what if you write each thing down but still aren’t able to figure out how to lose weight? You can track your meals the right way or the incorrect way. A food record is more than just a basic list of the foods you eat during a day. Other varieties of important information will need to be written down as well. Here are a few points that you can employ to help your food tracking be more successful.
Write down how you feel when you eat. This helps you to demonstrate whether or not you decide on food as a response to emotional issues. It will even identify the foodstuffs you select when you are in certain moods. There are lots of people who seek junk food when they feel angry or depressed and are quite as likely to pick out healthy things when they feel happy and content. When you pay attention to how you eat while in your different moods and psychological states, you will be able to keep similar but healthier options around for when you need those snacks–you might also start talking to someone who can help you figure out why you try to cure your moods with food.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's tender t-bones & scrumptious sides recipe. To cook mike's tender t-bones & scrumptious sides you need 36 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides:
- Get of Meat.
- You need 2 large of Well Marbled T-Bone Steaks.
- Take 3 tbsp of High Heat Frying Oil.
- Get 1 of Bottle Cracked Black Pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- Use of Kitchen Items For Steaks.
- Use 1 large of Cast Iron Skillet.
- You need 1 of Pair Tongs.
- Provide of Steak Toppers.
- Provide 2 large of White Onions [sliced thick].
- Use 1/2 lb of Cleaned, Fresh, Sliced Mushrooms.
- Take 2 tbsp of High Heat Frying Oil.
- Prepare 2 oz of Salted Butter [or more].
- Use 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Cutting Board.
- Take 1 large of Knife.
- Provide of Baked Potatoes & Kitchen Items Needed.
- Provide 2 large of Whole Idaho Potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of Reserved Bacon Grease [from previous meals].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Use 4 of Sheets Tinfoil.
- Get 1 of Sharp Knife.
- Use of Asparagus Spears & Kitchen Items.
- You need 18 of Larger Asparagus Spears.
- Use 1/4 cup of Shreadded Parmesan Cheese.
- Get 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Provide 9 oz of Prosciutto Slices.
- Use 1 large of Sheet Tinfoil.
- Get 1 large of Sharp Knife.
- Take 1 of Cutting Board.
- Take 1 of Cookie Sheet.
Steps to make Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides:
- Before frying your steaks, fry your onions and mushrooms in the same cast iron skillet you'll be frying your steaks in. Also, make your garlic butter..
- Garlic Butter Recipe Slightly melt butter and mix everything together in Ziplock bag and mix well. Snip end off of bag and use as a piping bag. Squeeze directly on to baked potatoes or neatly into a serving bowl. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/364342-mikes-easy-garlic-butter-spread.
- FOR THE ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS: Slice onions thick. Sauté onions in 1/2 sick butter and oil..
- When they are just about 3/4 's of the way cooked to your preference, add your mushrooms and cook 3 minutes longer..
- Drain on paper towels then serve atop T-Bone Steaks..
- STEAK FRYING & TIPS: Choose a T-bone steak that is cherry red and is well marbled. [meaning fat runs equally throughout the meat] Have your Butcher choose your steaks if you're not certain on which cuts to pick..
- Pat your steaks down with a paper towel and make sure your steaks are dry. You don't want to end up steaming them instead..
- Important! Do not tenderize T-Bones with a fork or puncture your meat in any way both prior to or during frying. You'll forfit vital juices and actually cause your steak to firm up even more. Just trust the notion that you and your butcher have picked the ideal steaks and that they will be juicy!.
- Pull your steaks from fridge 45-60 minutes prior to pan frying. You'll want them at room temperature before searing..
- Generously season your T-bone steaks on both sides with cracked black pepper. Do not over season your steaks with spices such as meat seasoned salt, tenderizers, garlic or onion powders as you'll only mask the natural flavor of your meat. Garlic will also burn at a high heat so do not use in seasonings. Salt and pepper are all you really need!.
- Season with sea salt just minutes before frying. Otherwise it will dry your steak out. Remember, you want juicy steaks!.
- To pan-sear T-bone steaks, use a cast iron frying pan [best] or an equally heavy pan. Heat the pan over medium to high heat with 2 tbsp high heat oil vegetable oil until pan is almost smoking. Be careful not burn oil though..
- Quickly sear the steaks on each side for about 1 minute to achieve a hearty brown crust then fry for 3 to 6 minutes on each side depending if you want rare, medium rare, medium well or well done steaks..
- Use tongs [important] to flip your steaks or to move them around so they don't stick or become punctured by a fork or knife..
- When steaks are done to your liking, set to the side and let rest for 5 – 7 minutes before cutting..
- FOR BAKED POTATOES: Wash and dry your potatoes and stick a knife x 2 through both for quicker baking time. Generously coat both with hardened bacon grease. Sprinkle each with cracked black pepper and sea salt..
- Roll in tinfoil and press tightly then roll again in another piece of tinfoil..
- Place in oven at 425° on the lowest oven shelf for 45 minutes..
- Cut open potatoes and squeeze both ends together to push up baked centers..
- Top with garlic butter or plain butter and sour cream and garnish with cracked black pepper and chives..
- PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS: Add olive oil to the spears and add cracked pepper, sea salt, garlic and Parmesan Cheese and mix well..
- Carefully wrap asparagus spears in Prosciutto and place on tinfoil lined and spray Pam cookie sheet..
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until Prosciutto meat is crispy. Or you can pan sear until crispy. Just add a bit of oil to the pan..
- Garnish with fresh parsley and strawberries..
If you find this Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.